Connoisseur of Rest Areas
As such I am swiftly becoming a true connoisseur of rest areas. I try and alway park upwind from the rest of the area (not always an option), but these rest areas ARE NOT created equal.
South Dakota and Minnesota have mainly indoor restrooms - which is nice.
But this rest area I just stopped at takes the cake!
Tons of space, 10 or so picnic tables, full bars on my phone (!WHAT!?), and even a little glade with some bushes between it and the parking area - where I am typing this post on my iPad like a civilized person.
I’m still wearing my mask at all times that I am out of my car (protocol!!); and I sometimes get funny looks for that, but the bird songs coming from the “Rush Creek Valley” upon whose rim this oasis is situated is amazing.
Red and Bur Oaks, Black Walnut, Birch, Iron Wood, Basswood (?), and White Pine are all present in these woods. I have found my spot for the night!
Click here for this rest area on Google Maps



Comments
Post a Comment